This post lists all the SCCM Client version numbers and covers the steps to find the SCCM Client Agent Version. With every release of every Configuration Manager current branch release, the client agent version number changes.
When you install a ConfigMgr current branch update, it is very important to upgrade the client agents in hierarchy. Otherwise you won’t be able to use the new SCCM features because of the old version of client agents.
SCCM Client Version Numbers List
The below table lists the client version for all the SCCM releases. Note that I am listing only the major ConfigMgr releases and not the hotfixes or out-of-band updates.
|ConfigMgr Build / Release / Version||SCCM Client Agent Version|
Upgrade Configuration Manager Client Agents
When you install any new Configuration Manager update, you must upgrade the client agents in the hierarchy. You can upgrade SCCM client agents using client upgrade feature.
To upgrade SCCM client agents to latest version.
- Go to Administration > Site Configuration > Sites.
- Click the Hierarchy Settings on top ribbon. Select Client Upgrade tab.
- Ensure Upgrade all clients in hierarchy using production client box is selected.
- You must enter the number of days within which client upgrade is complete.
- Notice the SCCM client version number displayed.
- Click OK.
You can use the below query to find out the devices without the latest SCCM client agents.
select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.ClientVersion != 'client version'
How to find the SCCM Client Agent Version
On any given computer installed with SCCM client agent, you can find the agent version via Configuration Manager agent properties.
- Go to Control Panel > Configuration Manager > General.
- In the General tab, under client properties, look for client version.