Uninstall KB4524244 Windows 10 Reset Fails
On your Windows 10 PC, you may want to uninstall KB4524244 if the reset this PC feature fails. Microsoft pulled the standalone KB4524244 security update from Windows Update. This was done after several users reported PC freezes, boot problems, and installation issues.
The KB4524244 may cause the Reset this PC feature to fail on a Windows 10 computer. This is also called as Push Button Reset or PBR. With this security update installed, you might restart into recovery with ‘Choose an option’ at the top of the screen or you might restart to your desktop and receive the error “There was a problem resetting your PC“. You can read more about this announcement here.
Microsoft has removed this update from Windows Update catalog to prevent users downloading this update. In addition, the update has been also removed from WSUS. Most of all, you may leave this update installed if you aren’t facing any issues on your Windows 10 PC.
As per Microsoft “Removal of this standalone security update does not affect successful installation or any changes within any other February 11, 2020 security updates including Latest Cumulative Update (LCU), Monthly Rollup or Security Only update.”
Uninstall KB4524244 on Windows 10
If you are experiencing the issues with Reset this PC feature on your Windows 10 computer, uninstall KB4524244 security update.
- First check the presence of KB4524244 on your Windows 10 PC.
- Launch Control Panel and go to Programs > Programs and Features.
- In the left pane, click View Installed Updates.
- On the Installed Updates dialog window, find and select KB4524244. Right-click the update and click Uninstall.
- You may restart the PC although the update uninstall doesn’t require a reboot.
- Upon restart use the “Reset this PC” feature, and you should not encounter this issue.
KB4524244 – Affected platforms
Finally let’s look at the affected platforms.
Client OS :-
- Windows 10, version 1909, version 1903, version 1809, version 1803, version 1709, version 1607.
- Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019, Enterprise LTSC 2016.
Server OS :-
- Windows Server, version 1909, version 1903, version 1809, version 1709, version 1803.
- Windows Server 2019 and Windows Server 2016.
How can we remove it through sccm through out the site