A new hotfix KB4538166 is available for ConfigMgr version 1910. The update is essentially client update for Configuration Manager current branch, version 1910.
This out-of-band update is applicable only to early update and globally available installations of SCCM 1910 that are installed by using one of the following package GUIDs.
In addition to that, this update is also applicable to the following package GUID’s and update KB4535819 applied:
To verify which build is installed, add the Package GUID column to details pane of the Updates and Servicing node in the console. To know how to find the package GUID of SCCM update, read this post.
Most of all the hotfix KB4538166 resolves the following three issues.
- After updating to ConfigMgr 1910, sites that have deployed a Windows Defender Application Control policy are unable to assign trust to new applications.
- Feature Updates for Windows 10 version 1903 and higher do not install as expected after updating to Configuration Manager 1910.
- If your site uses automatic client upgrade, when you update the site to version 1910, all clients immediately upgrade after the site updates successfully. This issue was also addressed with release of ConfigMgr 1910 Hotfix KB4538488. Therefore the following resolution does not apply to the revised globally available build of Configuration Manager 1910, released on January 17, 2020. Because that build already incorporates this specific fix.
Most of all this update replaces the hotfix KB4538488 – clients immediately upgrade after updating to Configuration Manager 1910.
Import SCCM 1910 Hotfix KB4538166
Run the hotfix and on the Configuration Manager update registration screen, click Next.
The update registration is successful. Click Exit.
Now open the SCCM console and go to Updates and Servicing node. Click Check for Updates.
To monitor the update download progress, open dmpdownloader.log.
Install ConfigMgr 1910 Hotfix KB4538166
To install ConfigMgr 1910 hotfix KB4538166
- Launch Configuration Manager console.
- Go to Updates and Servicing node.
- Right click Configuration Manager 1910 Hotfix KB4538166 and click Install Update Pack.
The hotfix contains the Configuration Manager site server updates and client updates. Click Next.
Choose the client update option and click Next.
Finally click Close.
Open the CMUpdate.log file to monitor the update installation.
You can also monitor the update installation via Monitoring > right click update > Show Status.
Check the installation status in Console and you can see the hotfix KB4538166 installation is successful.