Configuration Manager 2002 Hotfix Rollup KB4560496 is out. This hotfix rollup update includes close to 30 fixes and replaces previously released updates.
The Configuration Manager 2002 Hotfix Rollup KB4560496 update should be available in the Updates and Servicing node of the Configuration Manager console.
If you don’t see the hotfix, in the SCCM 2002 console, go to Updates and Servicing node and click Check for Updates.
Table of Contents
About SCCM 2002 Hotfix Rollup KB4560496
The Configuration Manager 2002 Hotfix Rollup KB4560496 update includes.
- Customers who opted in through a PowerShell script to the early update ring deployment.
- Customers who installed the globally available release.
The KB4560496 update replaces the following previously release updates.
- KB4553501 – Update for Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager version 2002, early update ring
- KB4563473 – Update rollup for Configuration Manager version 2002 tenant attach issues
- KB4567007 – PXE Boot failures or task sequence delays after updating to Configuration Manager current branch, version 2002
Issues Fixed in SCCM 2002 Hotfix Rollup KB4560496
Some of the issues fixed in SCCM 2002 Hotfix Rollup KB4560496 update includes –
- The option to schedule updates is unavailable during offline servicing for Windows Server, version 2004.
- When talking to SCCM Cloud Management Gateway, Hybrid Azure Active Directory domain joined clients are detected as Intranet clients.
- Users are unable to submit feedback from the Configuration Manager console when using a Japanese version of the operating system.
- After changing Enable third party software updates to “Yes” in client settings, clients perform an extra group policy update on startup resulting in increased load on domain controllers.
- The SetupComplete.cmd window is now hidden during Windows 10 upgrade task sequences.
- Co-management node setting deletion in SCCM console makes the console unexpectedly grayed out and unavailable.
- Content download for updates may fail when Allow clients to download delta content when available is enabled in client software update settings.
- The co-management pilot process generates extraneous policy updates on Configuration Manager clients.
- Fixes an issue where clearing Use a boot image option from the properties of a task sequence didn’t work as expected.
- Change in local time zone setting leads to SMS Agent Host service (ccmexec.exe) high CPU utilization on client computers.
- Configuration Manager console hangs when you open automatic deployment rules (ADR) with multiple languages selected.
- After updating to Configuration Manager current branch, version 2002, client policy data may fail to apply.
- An operating system upgrade task sequence does not resume after the target computer restarts. This occurs when the task sequence incorrectly tries to take the client out of provisioning mode. Errors resembling the following are recorded in the TSAgent.log file.
Could not execute WMI method SMS_Client.SetClientProvisioningMode Failed to put client out of provisioning mode (0x800706BE)
For complete list of fixes included with Hotfix Rollup KB4560496, refer the following post – https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4560496/update-rollup-for-microsoft-endpoint-configuration-manager-version-200.
ConfigMgr 2002 Hotfix KB4560496 Prerequisite Check
It is a good practice to run a prerequisite check before installing the hotfix KB4560496 on your SCCM server running in production.
Right click Configuration Manager 2002 hotfix rollup KB4560496 and click Run Prerequisite check.
All you need to do is go to Monitoring workspace and monitor the update pack installation status. I got one warning Site Database has a backlog of SQL Change Tracking Data. This can be ignored because it’s not going to interrupt the update install.
Install Configuration Manager 2002 Hotfix Rollup KB4560496
To install Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager 2002 Hotfix KB4560496.
- Launch the Configuration Manager console.
- Go to Administration\Overview\Updates and Servicing node.
- Right-click Configuration Manager 2002 Hotfix Rollup KB4560496 and click Install Update Pack.
The SCCM 2002 hotfix KB4560496 contains :-
- Configuration Manager site server updates.
- Configuration Manager console and site updates.
Accept the license terms and click Next.
Finally on the Completion page, click Close.
Monitor the SCCM 2002 update KB4560496 installation in Monitoring workspace.
Click OK to upgrade the Configuration Manager 2002 console. The old console version (5.2002.1083.2000) will be replaced with new version of console (5.2002.1083.2900).
You must upgrade the client agents to latest version (5.00.8968.1042). Use the client upgrade option under site hierarchy settings.
After you install this Configuration Manager 2002 Hotfix Rollup KB4560496 on a primary site, pre-existing secondary sites must be manually updated. To update a secondary site, click Administration > Site Configuration > Sites > Recover Secondary Site > select the secondary site.