There is a new ConfigMgr 2103 Hotfix KB9603111 available for early update ring builds. The update is available for administrators who opted in through a PowerShell script to the early update ring deployment for SCCM 2103. You can access the update in the Updates and Servicing node of the Configuration Manager console.
According to Microsoft, this update addresses important, late-breaking issues that were resolved after version 2103 became available globally. This update does not apply to sites that downloaded version 2103 on April 19, 2021, or a later date. Therefore, it will not be listed in the Configuration Manager console for those sites.
About MEMCM 2103 Hotfix KB9603111
- The KB9603111 hotfix applies to ConfigMgr 2103 early update ring builds.
- The KB 9603111 update does not require a computer restart but will initiate a site reset after installation.
- This update does not replace any previously released update.
- The client agent version will remain same after installing the hotfix KB9603111 – 5.00.9049.1010.
Issues fixed in SCCM 2103 Hotfix KB9603111
There are many issues fixed in SCCM 2103 Hotfix KB9603111. Some of the important ones are listed below.
- A new console extension created for the community hub for version 2103 will fail to load if a prior console extension modifies the same node with the same action.
- The SQL Server move process fails after a highly available site is failed over to the passive site server. This occurs due to a certificate problem that resembled the following in the ConfigMgrSetup.log file.
- The Wake on LAN feature does not function as expected after a central administration site (CAS) is removed due to a missing site control property value.
- The SMS Agent Host service may terminate unexpectedly due to a policy agent issue.
- CMPivot queries do not run on computers configured with the Japanese system locale.
- After removing a central administration site, packages are distributed to all distribution points (DP) when adding them to just a single new DP.
- Failover from an active to a passive site fails in an environment with a large number of orphaned package status data records.
- State message processing fails for some cloud management gateway messages.
- State message processing hangs when encountering a corrupt file instead of discarding the file as expected.
- Devices upgrade to the 2103 version of the client faster than expected after promoting the upgrade from pre-production. In addition the WebView 2 client component is installed repeatedly.
- After updating to Configuration Manager current branch, version 2103, a backlog of .MEP (machine extended policy) files occurs in the PolicyPV inbox on the site server. This backlog also causes delays in processing site reassignment data.
- The report Compliance 4 – Updates by vendor month year does not contain expected data.
- Configuration Manager Azure Active Directory (AAD) joined clients that are also using PKI issued certs can get into a high CPU utilization situation that impacts the end-user. This occurs because of an issue with the SMS Agent Host (ccmexec.exe) attempting to continually renew the token with the Management Point (MP).
- During reassignment from one site to another, clients are unable to evaluate policy or communicate via the notification channel.
- App usage data is stale or unavailable for devices in the Desktop Analytics portal in the Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center. This only affects notebook computers that run for multiple days without restarting.
Install ConfigMgr 2103 Hotfix KB9603111
The steps to install ConfigMgr 2103 Hotfix KB9603111 are listed below.
- Launch the ConfigMgr console.
- Go to Administration > Overview > Updates and Servicing.
- Right click Configuration Manager 2103 Hotfix KB9603111 and click Install Update Pack.
The KB9603111 includes Configuration Manager site server updates, console updates and client updates. Click Next.
Accept the license terms and click Next.
On the Completion window, click Close. The ConfigMgr 2103 Hotfix KB9603111 installation now begins.
To monitor the hotfix installation, go to Monitoring\Overview\Updates and Servicing Status. Right click the Configuration Manager 2103 Hotfix (KB9603111) and click Show Status.
During the KB9603111 prerequisite check I got a warning for Backlogged Inboxes. [Completed with warning]:Verifies that the site server is processing critical inboxes in a timely fashion, and that inboxes do not contain files older than one day.
This warning shouldn’t halt the hotfix installation but we will fix this at later point of time.
You must upgrade the console to the latest version 5.2103.1059.1800. Click OK to begin the console upgrade.
After installing ConfigMgr 2103 KB9603111 update, following are the details that you can verify.
- Site – 5.00.9049.1000
- Configuration Manager console – 5.2103.1059.1800
- Client – 5.00.9049.1010
Install KB9603111 on SCCM Secondary Site
If you have got SCCM secondary sites, you must install ConfigMgr 2103 Hotfix KB9603111. To update a secondary site in the Configuration Manager console, select Administration > Site Configuration > Sites and select the secondary site. Right click the secondary site and click Recover Secondary Site. The primary site then reinstalls that secondary site by using the updated files. The new, upgraded, and reinstalled secondary sites under that primary site automatically receive this update.