If you notice the automatic client upgrade settings greyed out after SCCM upgrade, not to worry you can fix this issue.
Today I received an email via my contact form & here is the email description – “I have problem with SCCM 1910 Hierarchy settings”. I recently upgraded my current SCCM 1906 version to SCCM 1910. I want to auto upgrade my client agents, but I can’t select box for upgrade in client upgrade tab. Can you help me to resolve this problem ?.
Here is the screenshot and you can see the following options are greyed out under Site Hierarchy Settings > Client Upgrade.
- Upgrade all clients in the hierarchy using production client.
- Upgrade all clients in the pre-production collection automatically using pre-production client.
- Exclude specified clients from upgrade.
However I have seen this issue reported in multiple forums. While configuring the Automatic Client Upgrade the option to upgrade clients is grayed out and rest of other options are also not available.
SCCM Automatic Client Upgrade Greyed Out
If you are dealing with same issue where the Automatic Client Upgrade settings are greyed out on your SCCM primary site, here is the solution.
- First of all log in to the primary site server with the account that you used to install the primary site server.
- In the SCCM console, navigate to Administration > Overview > Security > Administrative Users. Right click the user account and click Properties.
- Under Security Scopes, select All Instances of the objects that are related to the assigned security roles. Click Apply and OK.
After you perform the above step, go back to Hierarchy Settings Properties > Client Upgrade. Now you can enable or configure the client upgrade options.
I hope this helps.