If you are running SCCM 1810 in your setup, there is a new hotfix KB4488598 available. Microsoft released KB4488598 hotfix just a week ago. However this update applies to customers who opted in through a PowerShell script to the first wave (early update ring) deployment. It is also applicable to customers who installed the globally available release.
The SCCM 1810 update rollup 2 includes the below hotfixes. Click on each link to know more about SCCM 1810 hotfixes. If you haven’t installed any SCCM 1810 hotfixes so far, then you can directly install hotfix KB4488598.
- KB4490575 – This hotfix fixes the issue where update installations stop responding or never show completion status in ConfigMgr 1810.
- KB4490434 – Addresses issue with duplicate user discovery columns are created in SCCM.
- Hotfix KB4487960 – Fixes issue where Microsoft Intune connector certificate does not renew in SCCM.
Hotfix KB4488598 Prerequisite Check
Before we install hotfix KB4488598, I would like to perform prerequisite check first. This is because I had seen lot user comments who experienced prerequisite check warnings while installing SCCM 1810 hotfixes. We know that with SCCM 1810, the prerequisite check is more resilient. Warnings can be ignored but not errors else they might halt the hotfix installation.
Here are two guides that would help in-case you see any warnings or errors while installing SCCM 1810.
- SCCM 1810 Prerequisite Check Failed – Fix for Error and Warnings – Link
- SCCM 1810 SQL Server Native Client Update Warning Prerequisite – Link
In my lab setup, when I did a KB4488598 prerequisite check, i found just one warning. Potential SQL server performance issue caused by change tracking retention period. Warning – Configuration Manager detects the site database has a backlog of SQL change tracking data.
This warning can be skipped as it doesn’t halt the installation. I chose to skip this warning and install the hotfix. However I recommend prerequisite check to be done before installing the hotfix.
Installing SCCM 1810 Hotfix KB4488598
To install SCCM 1810 hotfix KB4488598 :-
- Launch Configuration Manager console.
- Navigate to Administration > Overview > Updates and Servicing.
- Right click Configuration Manager 1810 Hotfix Rollup KB4488598. Click Install Update Pack.
The SCCM 1810 hotfix includes :-
- Configuration Manager site server updates.
- Configuration Manager client and console updates.
At this step, I chose to ignore the prerequisite warnings and click Next.
If you are installing this hotfix in prod, it may be good idea to first validate client update on clients which are part of pre-production collection. Click Next.
On Completion page, click Close.
Go to Monitoring section and right click the hotfix rollup and click View Status. That should show the hotfix installation progress.
The hotfix contains updates to console. Hence you will see the console upgrade window. To install the new console version 5.1810.1075.2600, click OK.
Check the About System Center Configuration Manager. You should see the following details.
- Version – 1810
- Console Version – 5.1810.1075.2600
- Site version – 5.0.8740.1000