Starting in Configuration Manager 2103 you can add ConfigMgr reports as favorites. When you add reports as favorites in ConfigMgr, you can find all of the reports under Favorites folder. Let’s explore more about this cool feature.
Configuration Manager comes with several hundred reports installed by default. In addition you may import more custom reports to that list. Out of huge list of reports, you may have some reports that you use on daily basis. Starting in MEMCM 2103, you can add a report as favorite. This action allows you to quickly access it from the new Favorites node. One thing that you need to understand here is the list of favorites is per user, not per site or hierarchy.
Table of Contents
Prerequisites to Add Reports as Favorites in ConfigMgr
Before you mark any of your ConfigMgr reports as favorite, ensure the following prerequisites are met. To add ConfigMgr Reports as Favorites following are the prerequisites.
- You must first upgrade your ConfigMgr to version 2103. I assume you are already running ConfigMgr current branch version 2103.
- The reporting services point must be installed and configured.
- The version of SQL Server Reporting Services on the site’s reporting service point needs to be SQL Server 2017 or later.
How to Add ConfigMgr Reports as Favorites
The steps to add ConfigMgr reports as favorites are as follows.
- In the ConfigMgr console, go to the Monitoring workspace.
- Expand Overview > Reporting and select Reports.
- Select a report that you frequently use. Right click the report and select Add to Favorites.
- The report’s icon changes to a yellow star, which indicates that it’s a favorite.
You also get a confirmation message that report has been added to favorites.
To view all your favorite reports, go to Reporting > Favorites > Reports. In the right pane all your favorite ConfigMgr reports should be displayed. You can select more than one report to add them all as favorites.
Access your Favorite ConfigMgr Reports via Browser
I am impressed with this little feature where you can access all your favorite reports via the browser. You can directly connect to your favorite reports in your browser. For example, https://servername/Reports/favorites.
Remove ConfigMgr Reports from Favorites
Finally before I conclude this post I will show you how to remove reports from favorites. All your ConfigMgr Favorite reports will appear under Monitoring\Overview\Reporting\Favorites\Reports.
To remove any report from favorites, right click the report and click remove from favorites. You see a confirmation box stating you are removing report from favorites. This action does not delete the report. Are you sure ?. Click Yes to remove the report from favorites.