We have a new SCCM 2006 hotfix KB4584759 that addresses the Desktop Analytics configuration errors. This update is available in the Updates and Servicing node of the Configuration Manager console.
The package GUID of KB 4584759 update is 1310EDAC-65DB-4793-86D5-12444E325B07. The client version after installing this hotfix should be 5.00.9012.1034.
After you install this update KB4584759 on a primary site, pre-existing secondary sites must be manually updated.
To update a secondary site in the Configuration Manager console, click Administration > Site Configuration > Sites. Click Recover Secondary Site, and then select the secondary site. The primary site then reinstalls that secondary site by using the updated files.
About Hotfix KB4584759
According to Microsoft, after updating to Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager 2006, clients report Desktop Analytics configuration errors. These are shown as “Windows diagnostic endpoint connectivity” errors on the Connection Health node in the SCCM console.
In addition, you see the following entries in M365AHandler.log on affected clients.
Executing command line: Run ConnectivityDiagnosis.exe with options (0, 0) Process completed with exit code 4294967295 CheckConnectivityDiagnosis failed. Exit code -1
KB 4584759 Prerequisites
- The update KB4584759 applies to environments running ConfigMgr 2006 (either early update ring or globally available builds).
- Applies to environments that are using Desktop Analytics.
- KB4576791 – Update for Configuration Manager version 2006, early update ring must be installed.
- The update doesn’t need a reboot post install.
SCCM 2006 Hotfix KB4584759 Installation
To install SCCM 2006 Hotfix KB4584759
- Launch the Configuration Manager console.
- Go to Administration > Overview > Updates and Servicing.
- Run a prerequisite check if you’re installing the update on production server.
- Right click Configuration Manager 2006 Hotfix (KB4584759) and click Install Update Pack.
Since I am installing this update in my lab setup, I am ignoring the prerequisite check warnings. Click Next.
On the Completion page, click Close.
To monitor the Hotfix KB4584759 installation go to Monitoring > Overview > Updates and Servicing Status. Right click the ConfigMgr 2006 hotfix (KB4584759) update and click Show Status.