We have a new Configuration Manager 2006 hotfix KB4576791. The update KB4576791 is available to administrators who opted in through a PowerShell script to the early update ring deployment for MECM 2006.
Needless to say, if you have installed SCCM 2006 update after it was made generally available, you will not find this update in console. This update does not apply to sites that downloaded ConfigMgr 2006 on August 21, 2020, or a later date. Therefore, it will not be listed in the Configuration Manager console for those sites.
This update applies to first wave installations of version 2006 from packages that have the following GUIDs:
Read the following article to know how to find the package guid of a SCCM update.
Issues fixed in Configuration Manager 2006 Hotfix KB4576791
SCCM 2006 Hotfix KB4576791 includes lot of fixes. Complete list of issues fixed in this updated can be found on KB 4576791 page.
Some of the important issues fixed in this update include.
- Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) policies set using the MEM admin center may be overwritten by policies set from the Configuration Manager console.
- Desktop analytics app usage data isn’t monitored for up to fifteen minutes when a computer resumes from standby.
- Software Center may intermittently time out when connecting to a Cloud Management Gateway to retrieve user-available apps.
- Clients fail to download policy data. Status message ID 10803 observed. This occurs in environments using HTTPS communication and non-operating system deployment task sequences in Software Center.
- The resultant set of policy for endpoint security Antivirus policies may be incorrect when viewed in the admin center.
- The Run Scripts functionality doesn’t work on Azure Active Directory joined clients.
- SCCM client upgrade process may terminate unexpectedly on 32-bit Windows clients.
- The collection properties window takes longer than expected on the Configuration Manager admin console.
- Performance improvements to increase the overall speed of the tenant attach process.
Install Configuration Manager 2006 Hotfix KB4576791
Let’s install Configuration Manager 2006 Hotfix KB4576791. Launch the Configuration Manager console and look for hotfix KB4576791 in Updates and Servicing node. If you don’t find the update, run check for updates once.
Right click Configuration Manager 2006 Hotfix (KB4576791) and click Install Update Pack.
When you install this update, it includes Configuration Manager site server, console and client updates. Click Next.
Accept the license terms and click Next.
Finally on the Completion window, click Close.
Furthermore to monitor the update installation status, go to Monitoring workspace. Click Updates and Servicing Status. In the right pane, right click KB 4576791 update and click Show Status.
Next, perform the console upgrade. Clicking OK updates the console version 5.2006.1026.1800 to 5.2006.1026.2000. There will be no change in site version number or build number post installing this update.
The update installed with no issues. I am test the installation on some more setups. If you notice any issues, let me know in the comments section.
Secondary sites require manual update install. To update a secondary site in the Configuration Manager console, click Administration > Site Configuration > Sites. Click Recover Secondary Site, and then select the secondary site.