There is a new SCCM 1906 hotfix rollup KB4517869 and it replaces the previous updates – KB4515740 and KB4516430. This update applies both to customers who opted in through a PowerShell script and customers who installed the globally available release.
Hotfix Rollup KB4517869
The hotfix rollup KB4517869 replaces the following previously released updates :-
- KB4515740 – Custom security roles lose folder permissions after an update to SCCM 1906.
- KB4516430 – Update for Configuration Manager version 1906, early update ring.
If you have not installed the above updates, you can install KB4517869 for SCCM 1906. First of all install this update on a primary site. After you do that, the pre-existing secondary sites must be manually updated.
Configuration Manager 1906 Hotfix Rollup KB4517869
KB4517869 includes the following fixes.
- The Configuration Manager console may terminate unexpectedly after reevaluating Management Insight rules or synchronizing third party updates.
- The Task Sequence Editor may return an Out of Memory error when trying to save large task sequences.
- Alternate Content Provider settings not defined as expected in the policy for custom client settings. Affected customers should remove the original custom client settings then recreate them after installing this update.
- Special characters, such as an apostrophe, in metadata cause the evaluation of application groups to fail. The SettingsAgent.log contains entries similar to the following.
- Windows Server 2019 displays as Unknown in the Microsoft Defender Advanced Thread Protection dashboard.
- Group membership data gets removed if the Active Directory group discovery process fails with the following error recorded in the adgdis.log
INFO: Processing search path: 'LDAP://<search path>. ERROR: Decryption failed ERROR: Failed to enumerate directory objects in AD container LDAP://<search path
- The group membership data restores after the discovery process runs successfully.
- A management point is unable to connect to a read-only replica in environments using SQL Server Always On availability groups.
Install SCCM 1906 Hotfix Rollup KB4517869
To install SCCM 1906 Hotfix Rollup KB4517869
- Launch Configuration Manager console. Go to Updates and Servicing node.
- Right click Configuration Manager 1906 Hotfix Rollup KB4517869 and click Install Update Pack.
The hotfix includes updates for site server, console and client agent. Since I am installing this on my lab setup, I am ignoring the prerequisite check warnings. Click Next.
Choose the client update setting and click Next.
On the Completion page, click Close.
Finally we must install the new version of console. Click OK to update the console from version 5.1906.1096.1600 to 5.1906.1096.2000.