If you are currently running SCCM 1902 in your setup, you should see a new hotfix KB4500571 in Updates and Servicing node. This KB4500571 rollup applies to both customers who opted in SCCM 1902 via early update ring and customers who installed the globally available release.
Prior to this update, for SCCM 1902 fast ring customers, we had another hotfix KB4500232. This hotfix addressed an issue where the SCCM Management points do not reinstall in Configuration Manager. If you had skipped installing the hotfix KB4500232 previously, don’t worry, this hotfix is now part of hotfix KB4500571.
As mentioned earlier the hotfix KB4500571 applies to every customer running SCCM 1902. The hotfix rollup brings in multiple fixes to the current version of SCCM. The complete information about the hotfix is documented here. Most of all let me tell you that the hotfix KB4500571 install won’t require a restart.
Furthermore after you install this update on a primary site, you must manually install this update in your secondary sites.
Issues fixed in Hotfix Rollup KB4500571
First of all I will list out some important fixes included in hotfix KB4500571.
- The Download Package Content task sequence action fails and the OsdDownload.exe process terminates unexpectedly.
- Screenshots submitted through the Send a Smile or Send a Frown product feedback options cannot be deleted until the SCCM console is closed.
- Fixed Hardware inventory data that relies on the MSFT_PhysicalDisk class reports incomplete information on computers that have multiple drives.
- Addresses an issue where client installation fails on workgroup computers in an HTTPS-only environment.
- A “success” return code of 0 is incorrectly reported as an error condition when you monitor deployment status in the SCCM 1902 console.
- When the option to show a dialog window is selected for app deployments that require a computer restart, that window is not displayed again if it is closed before the restart deadline. Instead, a temporary (toast) notification is displayed. This can cause unexpected computer restarts.
- Fixes expired enhanced HTTPS certificates updating issue.
Install SCCM 1902 Hotfix KB4500571
To install SCCM 1902 Hotfix Rollup KB4500571
- Launch the SCCM console.
- Go to Administration > Overview > Updates and Servicing node
- Right click Configuration Manager 1902 Hotfix Rollup KB4500571 and click Install Update Pack.
- Configuration Manager site server and console updates.
- Configuration Manager client updates.
I will ignore the prerequisite check warnings here and click Next.
Select the Client Update setting and click Next.
Finally on the Completion page, click Close.
Hotfix KB4500571 – SCCM Console Upgrade
The Hotfix KB4500571 contains the updates for SCCM console. Refresh the SCCM console. You get a console upgrade notification box.
The console version 5.1902.1085.1700 will be upgraded to 5.1902.1085.2600. Click OK to begin the console upgrade.
Let’s confirm the console version after the upgrade. Check About System Center Configuration Manager.
Version – 1902. Console Version – 5.1902.1085.2600. Site Version – 5.0.8790.1000.
Yes the hotfix KB4500571 also contains the updates for SCCM 1902 clients. You must always ensure you have the latest version of client agents running in your setup.
Therefore to upgrade the client agents, you can use Client Upgrade feature located under Hierarchy settings. In addition to that check the box Upgrade all the clients in the hierarchy using production client. Choose the number of days to upgrade client and click OK.