When you deploy an application in Intune, you can specify or set application logo in Intune (MEM portal). However sometimes we create an application and forget to set the logo for that application.
Sometimes when i create application in Intune, I forget to specify the logo for the application. This happened with me even while I was using ConfigMgr.
If you are like me who quickly created the applications in Intune and forgot to specify the application logo, you can easily set application logo in Intune with few easy steps.
Specifying the application logo is completely optional and Intune doesn’t make it mandatory to specify the logo for every application. There are two ways to set application logo in Intune.
- You specify the logo for an application when you are creating the application in Intune for the first time.
- You can specify the logo if you had skipped it while creating the application.
So why do we have to specify the logo for every application that we create in Intune ?. The answer is users can quickly recognize the popular applications by looking at the logo rather than reading the application name.
When you deploy applications to users, the applications with logo look better than the ones without the logo. The same holds true for users who frequently use Software Center to install applications.
Like I said before it is not mandatory specify the application the logo but it’s how we present the applications to users in the company portal.
The same holds true when you package applications in ConfigMgr. You can specify the application icon by going to the application properties and selecting the Software Center tab.
When you are creating an application in Intune for the first time, under Add App section you get to specify the application logo. Next to Logo click Select Image and specify the logo for the application.
If you haven’t configured the logo for the Intune application, you can simply edit the application and specify the logo.
How to Set Application Logo in Intune
Follow the below steps to set Application logo in Intune or MEM portal
- Login to the Microsoft Endpoint Manger admin center.
- In the left pane, click Apps and select Windows Apps.
- From the list of applications, select the application and click Properties.
- Edit the App Information and set the logo for the application.
- Review and save the information.
As an example I am picking an application that doesn’t have any logo set. On the application window, under Manage click Properties.
Next to App information click Edit.
Under Edit application properties perform the below steps to set or modify logo for the application.
- Scroll down and look for logo option and click Select Image.
- Click the Browse icon and select the logo for the application.
- The logo size used here is 256 x 256 and ensure the logo is visible when you select it.
- Click OK. Click Review + save and then click save.
Finally let’s check the Company Portal. You need to wait for few minutes while the logo appears in the portal. If you still don’t see the changes, click Settings and perform a manual sync.
Refresh the Intune Company Portal and now you see the application along with the logo.