Microsoft released a new Configuration Manager 2010 hotfix KB5001670 to fix the issue where devices do not report app usage data in Configuration Manager 2010. The App usage data is stale or unavailable for devices in the Endpoint Analytics portal in the Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center. This only affects notebook computers that run for multiple days without restarting.
The KB 5001670 hotfix does not replace any previously released updates and does not require a server restart post installing. However expect a site reset after you complete installing this update. The Configuration manager 2010 hotfix KB5001670 is an optional update. Install this update only if you are facing the issue described in the hotfix. SCCM 2103 update should include this fix which is going to be released soon.
According to Microsoft, an error resembling the following is recorded in the SensorManagedProvider.log file on affected devices.
Other exception - Value was either too large or too small for an Int32., at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info) at System.Convert.ToInt32(String value, IFormatProvider provider) at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.SensorFramework.SrumUtilHelper.ImportCsvToDataTable[T](String filePath)
About Configuration Manager KB 5001670
Following are some details about Configuration Manager KB 5001670.
- The KB 5001670 update contains only Configuration Manager site server updates and console updates.
- There is no console update required after installing the hotfix KB 5001670.
- The package GUID of SCCM 2010 Hotfix KB5001670 is FACD8FD5-E0C1-4247-9C68-5D56272F05C9.
- The new SCCM client version after installing KB 5001670 is 5.00.9040.1048.
- After you install this update on a primary site, pre-existing secondary sites must be manually updated.
SCCM 2010 Hotfix KB5001670 Prerequisites
Configuration Manager 2010 update KB5001670 will appear in your console if the following conditions are true.
- You must have completed the tenant attach process.
- The follow roll-up must be installed KB 4600089: Update Rollup for Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager 2010.
Install Configuration Manager 2010 Hotfix KB5001670
- Launch Configuration Manager console.
- Go to Administration\Overview\Updates and Servicing.
- Right click Configuration Manager 2010 Hotfix KB5001670 and click Install Update Pack.
- This should install the hotfix KB5001670 on your server.
The SCCM 2010 Hotfix KB5001670 contains Configuration Manager site server updates and Configuration Manager client updates. There is no console update. I am going to ignore the prerequisite check warnings because I am installing the update in my lab. If you are installing the Hotfix KB5001670 on your production server, I recommend running the prerequisite check step.
Complete the remaining steps and click Close.
You can monitor the SCCM 2010 Hotfix KB5001670 installation status by going to Monitoring\Overview\Updates and Servicing Status. Right click Configuration Manager 2010 Hotfix KB5001670 and click Show Status.
After installing the KB5001670 hotfix, you can upgrade Configuration Manager client agents to 5.00.9040.1048 using Client Upgrade option. Under the Site Hierarchy settings, tick the box Upgrade all clients in the hierarchy using production client. Set the number of days within which you want the client agents to upgrade to version 5.00.9040.1048.
If you have got secondary sites, you must manually update the site. To update a secondary site in the Configuration Manager console, click Administration > Site Configuration > Sites. Click Recover Secondary Site, and then select the secondary site. If you need more detailed explanation, refer the steps to recover SCCM secondary site article.