Microsoft released the Configuration Manager 2010 Hotfix KB4600089 which includes huge number of fixes. This Hotfix Rollup KB4600089 applies both to customers who opted in through a PowerShell script to the early update ring deployment, and customers who installed the globally available release.
You can follow my SCCM 2010 Upgrade guide to upgrade your Configuration Manager to version 2010.
The Hotfix Rollup KB4600089 includes the previously released SCCM 2010 Hotfix KB4594177. The ConfigMgr 2010 Hotfix KB4594177 was released to address the client notifications issue. Client notifications are sent to all collection members when triggered on single computer in a device collection.
If you haven’t installed Configuration Manager 2010 Hotfix KB4594177 yet, you can directly install the Hotfix Rollup KB4600089 that includes KB4594177.
Table of Contents
Fixes included with Configuration Manager 2010 Hotfix KB4600089
Some of the issues that are included with Hotfix KB4600089 include.
- Issues that resulted in Configuration Manager console terminating when following conditions were true.
- When the update boot images on distribution points takes longer than eight minutes
- When editing an application deployment type that did not previously contain a content path.
- After you complete the tenant onboarding process, the device uploads are limited to a specific collection. In this case the user cannot modify the limiting collection as the console terminates.
- Issues that resulted in SMS_Executive service terminating under following conditions
- On Windows Server 2012 R2 site server, after you update to SCCM 2010. The SMS EXEC service crashes if Internet Information Services (IIS) was never previously installed on the server.
- If the client installation lock file has an invalid file date.
- If the software update point has the Use a proxy server when downloading content by using automatic deployment rules setting enabled.
- Firewall policies assigned through the Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center do not apply on Windows 10, version 20H1 and later clients.
- Software Center fails to open on some Configuration Manager current branch, version 2010 clients.
There are several other fixes included in Configuration Manager 2010 Hotfix KB4600089. Please refer the Hotfix KB4600089 release notes.
About Hotfix Rollup KB4600089
- The update applies both to customers who opted in through a PowerShell script to the early update ring deployment, and customers who installed the globally available release.
- Includes KB4594177 update.
- Package guide of Hotfix Rollup KB4600089 is 9341F32B-073F-4ED5-8C2C-88D1127529A6.
- This update does not require a computer restart but will initiate a site reset after installation.
- If you are installing the update on your production server, you must run the prerequisite check before installing the update.
Install Configuration Manager 2010 Hotfix KB4600089
Here are the steps to install Configuration Manager 2010 Hotfix KB4600089.
- Launch the Configuration Manager console.
- Navigate to Administration\Overview\Updates and Servicing.
- Right click Configuration Manager 2010 Hotfix Rollup (KB4600089) and click Install Update Pack.
The Hotfix Rollup KB4600089 includes
- Configuration Manager site server updates
- Configuration Manager console updates
- Configuration Manager client updates
Since I am installing this update on my lab server, I am ignoring prerequisite check warnings. Click Next.
Accept the license terms and click Next.
On the Completion window, click Close.
To monitor the Configuration Manager 2010 Hotfix KB4600089 installation progress, go to Monitoring\Overview\Updates and Servicing Status. Right click Configuration Manager 2010 Hotfix Rollup KB4600089 and click Show Status.
KB4600089 Console Upgrade
After you install the update KB4600089, you must upgrade the console to latest version. Click OK to upgrade old console version to new version.
Configuration Manager 2010 Hotfix KB4600089 Client Upgrade
Finally you must ensure all the client agents are updated to latest version. The client versions for SCCM 2010 include.
- Configuration Manager 2010 – 5.00.9040.1015
- Configuration Manager 2010 Hotfix (KB4594177) – No Change
- Configuration Manager 2010 Hotfix Rollup (KB4600089) – 5.00.9040.1044
In order to upgrade the client agents to latest version, go to Administration\Overview\Site Configuration\Sites. Select your site server and click Hierarchy Settings. Select the client upgrade tab and tick the box Upgrade all the clients in the hierarchy using production client.
Based on the number of days you set to upgrade the client agents, the new client version will be automatically installed.