A new hotfix KB4529905 for ConfigMgr 1906 has been released. This hotfix KB4529905 addresses the issue with delays in content distribution in Configuration Manager version 1906.
Just two days ago, I published about another hotfix KB4527297 for SCCM 1906. The hotfix addresses an issue where data sync between the Microsoft Store for Business and a SCCM site server will fail when a proxy server configured on the site.
As per Microsoft the hotfix KB4529905 fixes the below issue in ConfigMgr 1906.
“The distribution manager (distmgr) component of the SMS Executive service does not process incoming package notifications (.PKN files) in a timely fashion. This can occur when there are multiple site control file changes, which in turn trigger distribution point checks. The main processing thread of distribution manager will show multiple entries resembling the following in the distmgr.log file“.
GetDPCRC - DP1.CONTOSO.COM
Finished GetDPCRC - DP1.CONTOSO.COM
GetDPCRC - DP2.CONTOSO.COM
Finished GetDPCRC - DP2.CONTOSO.COM
If you are facing delays in content distribution in your SCCM 1906 hierarchy and if you notice the exact same entries in your distmgr.log file, this hotfix is for you.
IMPORTANT – To apply this hotfix, you must have SCCM 1906 and KB4517869 installed. You don’t have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Microsoft releases these out-of-band updates to fix specific issues in the ConfigMgr version. You will not see these updates in the console unless you import them first.
Click this link and download the hotfix KB4529905.
Import Hotfix KB4529905 via ConfigMgr Update Registration Tool
To import hotfix KB4529905 using update registration tool in SCCM console.
- First of all login to the computer that hosts the service connection point role.
- Launch the command prompt as administrator. Change the path to the folder that contains the hotfix.
- Run the command CM1906-KB4529905.ConfigMgr.Update.exe to start the update registration tool.
- The update registration tool extracts the update package to site server.
- Wait for the update or hotfix to appear in ConfigMgr console.
Install Configuration Manager 1906 Hotfix KB4529905
To install Configuration Manager 1906 hotfix KB4529905
- Launch the SCCM console.
- Go to Updates and Servicing node and look for the hotfix KB4529905.
- Right click Configuration Manager 1906 hotfix KB4529905 and click Install Update Pack.
The hotfix includes only Configuration Manager site server updates. Click Next.
On the Completion page, click Close.
Since the hotfix includes only site server updates, console upgrade option isn’t shown. The console version will remain 5.1906.1096.2200.