Copyright © 2019 - PrajwalDesai.Com All Rights Reserved.
I am glad to announce that Microsoft has released a new version of our System Center Configuration Manager current branch 1606 that includes some great new features and product enhancements. This is basically an update 1606 for System Center Configuration Manager. 1606 for System Center Configuration Manager is an update that is available as an in-console for previously installed sites that run version 1511 or 1602. Version 1511 is the initial baseline version you use to install new Configuration Manager sites. 1606 is full of new features and enhancements in security and data protection, application management, content distribution, deployment and provisioning, end user experience, and includes loads of new functionality for customers using Configuration Manager in hybrid mode with Microsoft Intune. This is also the version that will bring support for the Windows 10 Anniversary update.
Update 1606 for System Center Configuration Manager
Here’s what Microsoft had to say about Update 1606 for System Center Configuration Manager.
Looking back at the last 7 months, we’re encouraged by the positive response and momentum we’ve seen with our new current branch model; we now have over 16,000 organizations managing 30 million devices with Configuration Manager version 1511 or later. While we’re thrilled about the adoption we’ve seen, the real point of pride for our team rests in the fact that our quality and reliability have remained so high through this monumental shift. Incredibly, we haven’t seen any increase in the number of support incidents since launching our current branch model! Read more about the reasons behind our current branch success here.
As we release 1606, we’re optimistic that this winning streak will continue. Thanks to our active technical preview community, the 1606 update takes into account feedback and usage data we’ve gathered from customers who have installed and road tested our monthly technical previews over the last few months. It’s also been tested at scale — by real customers, in real production environments — with great success. As of today we have over 1 million devices being managed by the Configuration Manager 1606 update!
Here’s a small sample of what you’ll get when you upgrade:
- Windows Information Protection (formerly EDP) features allow you to create and deploy information protection policy, including the ability to choose your protected apps and define your EDP-protection level.
- Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection features enable the ability to on-board and off-board Windows 10 clients to the cloud service and view agent health in the monitoring dashboard (requires a Windows Defender ATP tenant in Azure).
- Windows Store for Business Integration allows you to manage and deploy applications purchased through the Windows Store for Business portal for both online and offline licensed apps.
- Windows Hello for Business policies for domain-joined Windows 10 devices managed by the Configuration Manager client.
We’ve also added a number of popular User Voice items, including:
- The addition of content status links in the admin console
- The option of list view for applications in the Software Center
- The ability to select multiple updates and simultaneously install them with the new Install Selected Updates button in the Software Center
For more details and to view the full list of new features in this update check out our What’s new in version 1606 of System Center Configuration Manager documentation on TechNet.
Note: As the update is rolled out globally in the coming weeks, it will be automatically downloaded and you will be notified when it is ready to install from the “Updates and Servicing” node in your Configuration Manager console. If you can’t wait to try these new features, this PowerShell script can be used to ensure that you are in the first wave of customers getting the update. By running this script on your central administration site or standalone primary site, you will see the update available in your console right away.