In this post, I will show you how to add Google Analytics to Kadence theme. You don’t have to use any WordPress plugin to add the Google Analytics tracking code to the Kadence theme.
There are two ways to add GA tracking code to a WordPress site: through WordPress plugins or through the theme options. If you have used some third-party WordPress themes, you may have found a built-in option to add the Google Analytics code.
Most third-party themes have a place in the theme options where you can enter the Google Analytics tracking code. With the Kadence theme, you can either manually add the Google Analytics tracking code to the header or use the WordPress plugins if you prefer.
I won’t discuss the WordPress plugins that let you add Google Analytics to the Kadence theme because doing so could slow down your website’s loading time. Furthermore, if the plugin provider doesn’t offer updates, you might have trouble with the plugin in the future.
Why should you add Google Analytics to your WordPress Site?
If you’re wondering why I should add Google Analytics to the Kadence theme, I’ll give you a few key justifications.
- Find the traffic source: To nurture your audience and grow your traffic sources, you got to find out where your visitors are coming from. Adding a GA code can help with finding the traffic source.
- Site Usage Details: When someone visits your website, you may find out more about what they’re doing there. Find out whether there is a certain route around your website that encourages users to engage more deeply with your brand.
- Improving the Content: Take a closer look at the blog entries that are receiving the most traffic and expand on them to give visitors more of what they came for.
- Track conversions and sales. If you are using WooCommerce, Google Analytics can help you track conversions and see where your revenue sources are coming from.
- Monitor real-time interactions: With Google Analytics, you can watch real-time analytics to see how your site’s being used during times of intense traffic.
How to Get your Google Analytics Code and Tracking ID?
Use the following steps to find your Google Analytics code and Tracking ID.
- First sign in to your Google Analytics account.
- Click Admin and select a property from the menu in the Property column.
- Under Property, select Tracking Info > Tracking Code.
- Copy the GA tracking code, and we will use it to add to the Kadence theme.
Install and Activate Kadence Pro Plugin
As mentioned earlier, if you’re using Kadence Pro, you don’t need additional plugins to integrate Google Analytics with your website. Install the Kadence Pro plugin, activate it, and ensure you activate your Kadence Pro license.
Turn on Header/Footer Scripts in Kadence Pro
With Kadence theme, you don’t require any additional plugins to add the Google Analytics tracking code to your WordPress site. If you’re using Kadence Pro, you must first enable the Header/Footer scripts.
On your WordPress admin dashboard, go to Appearance > Kadence. Toggle Header and Footer Scripts on. This will add an option in the WordPress Customizer to add your Google Analytics (or Google Tag Manager) scripts.
How to Add Google Analytics to Kadence Theme
Now we will look at the steps to add Google Analytics tracking code to Kadence theme. On the WordPress dashboard, select Appearance > Customize. Select Custom Scripts and add the Google Analytics tracking code to the header. You can also add the GA4 tracking code instead of the Universal Analytics code. Click Publish to save the changes made to the site.
You have successfully added the Google Analytics To Kadence theme. If you are using caching plugins, do not forget to clear the cache. Visit Google Analytics portal, and you can now view the total users who are actively browsing your site.