Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2013 Released
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2013 Released Microsoft released Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2013 in the mid of the October 2013. Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2013 is a Solution Accelerator for operating system and application deployment. MDT 2013 supports deployment of Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, and Windows Server 2008 R2. With every new release of Microsoft Deployment Toolkit Microsoft is adding new features and helping the deployments make easier. So lets see whats new in MDT 2013, what’s been removed in MDT 2013, Operating System support and download information.
What’s New In MDT 2013
1) Support for Upgrading from Previous Versions of MDT – MDT supports upgrading from MDT 2012 Update 1. Microsoft recommends to take a backup of the existing MDT infrastructure before attempting an upgrade.
2) Support for Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 – You can use MDT to deploy the Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 operating systems using the LTI, ZTI, and UDI deployment methods. Roles and features specific to Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 are available in the role list.
3) Support for the Windows ADK for Windows 8.1 – MDT supports the use of the Windows ADK for Windows 8.1 to deploy operating systems. The Windows ADK for Windows 8.1 includes the Deployment Tools such as the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool, the Windows Pre-installation Environment (Windows PE) and the User State Migration Tool (USMT).
4) Support for System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager – ZTI and UDI deployment methods in MDT support integration with System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager, including new capabilities such as multiple Network Access Accounts.
5) Improved Deployment to x86-based Computers that Use the UEFI Standard – By default, MDT creates the appropriate partitions to support computers running UEFI. MDT supports UEFI versions from 2.0 up to 2.3.1. UEFI 2.3.1 is a newer version of UEFI that will be used on Windows 8 logo–compliant computers.
What’s Been Removed In MDT 2013
1) Deployment of Windows 8.1 Preview, Windows Server 2012 R2 Preview
2) ZTI with System Center Configuration Manager 2007, System Center 2012 Configuration Manager, System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1, System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager Preview
3) Use of the Windows ADK for Windows 8, Windows 7
4) Deployment of Windows XP or Windows Server 2003, Deployment of Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008
5) Out-of-box Group Policy objects (GPOs) from Security Compliance Manager (SCM). Tools and GPOs must be installed with SCM before they can be used in MDT.
Operating Systems Supported by MDT 2013
The table lists the operating systems supported by MDT 2013.
You can download Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2013 here
[us_btn text=”Download Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2013″ icon=”fa-download” style=”outlined” color=”purple” size=”18px” align=”center” link=”url:http%3A%2F%2Fwww.microsoft.com%2Fen-us%2Fdownload%2Fdetails.aspx%3Fid%3D40796|title:Microsoft%20Deployment%20Toolkit%202013|” el_class=”boxed-btn”]
Thank you for your excellent job in writing this guides. They are very helpful and full of great information. Could you please add me to your mailing list?
Thank you Zijo.. I have added your email address to subscribers list.
Hope you doing good…!
All technical informations which you are providing is really good and very much helpful. Pls add me to your mailing list. I don’t want to miss any of your tech info which are posted from you…! 🙂
Please add me to your mailing list.
Yes Krishna, your email ID has been added to mailing list. Thank you 🙂
hi Prajwal, add me too please :D, i’m new in SCCM (2012), so many thing have to learn.
thanks for your great tutorial,
but now my SCCM have so many error because my team upgrade the ADK to 8.1 🙁
need more support…