Welcome to the post that is all about Kernel Exchange suite product review. A lot of organizations today use Exchange server as their mail servers. With this comes a responsibility of hosting the mailboxes and managing them. While the data on the servers are critical, loosing the data could lead to loss in business. If you are an organization running Exchange servers and looking to deal with mailbox recovery and backups then you should have a look at Kernel Exchange Suite. This suite is a complete solution to help you repair, restore and migrate your Exchange Mailbox.
Kernel Exchange Suite Product Review – Features
Kernel exchange suite is offers many features and these include
OST Features – The software recovers your full data from corrupt and inaccessible OST files. Ability to export OST file to all the modern email clients. Provides you a quick option to convert OST to PST file. Allows to restore all your data including lost and deleted folders to MS Outlook immediately.
EDB recovery and migration features – EDB recovery feature recovers all your mailboxes and data from corrupt EDB files. You could then restore them without any data loss. Provides simple steps to convert EDB to PST file to access your Exchange mailboxes. Migration features include ability to move exchange mailboxes to O365 mailboxes.
PST Features – We know that PST file could be damaged due to lot of reasons. You can fix all Outlook issues related to PST file. This suite includes options to recover all mailboxes from corrupt PST file. Ability to export PST data to IMAP accounts. The good part is it supports all the versions of MS outlook.
Cloud + Exchange Migration – With lot of organizations moving their data to cloud, this suite supports the cloud and exchange migration features. This includes O365 migration to migrate mailboxes between O365 accounts. Ability to migrate mailboxes from live exchange setup to another online server.
Apart from the features listed above, the suite includes lot of additional benefits. Take a look at all of them here.
Kernel Exchange Suite Trial vs Full version
Kernel exchange suite is available for download as trial version or you could buy the suite. However full version provides more advantages over trial version of copy. Moreover there is a 30 day money back guarantee that the company offers for buyers. Here is the screenshot that lists the differences.
Kernel Exchange Suite Product Review – Installation
Let’s look at installing kernel suite product. Download the trial version of copy from here. To buy the suite click here. Download the executable and copy it over to the server for installation. Run the setup and on the install window click Next.
Accept the agreement and click Next.
Click Next to continue.
Click on Install.
Finally click Finish to launch Kernel Exchange Suite.
Launching the suite launches the software activation box. If you have bought the software enter the details to register the software.
Kernel Exchange Suite Product Review – Configuration
On the first launch of the software you see options to select the source type. There are various options and let’s see what each one is.
- Offline EDB File – An offline EDB file must be selected. This option scans the added EDB file for possible errors, fixes them, retrieves the data from the EDB files. Post this it allows the users to transfer the data either to Exchange Mailboxes or PST files.
- Live Exchange – Use this option if you are running Exchange Server that is hosted locally or in the cloud. After the connection is established with server, you can use Single Mailbox, Multiple Mailboxes, Public Folders, and Archive Folders as sources.
- Live Exchange Using existing MS outlook profile – Same as the above option but in addition provides option to add the existing MS outlook profile as source.
- OWA/Office 365 – This option allows a user to add a single mailbox of Office 365 as the source.
- Offline OST File – If the OST file is corrupt and you want to recover it, use this option.
- Outlook PST File – Recovering the PST files using this option is easy. Provide the path to the folder where the PST file is located and choose the PST File as source.
From the above listed options, let’s select Outlook PST file. Click on Next. In the next step click on Add button to add PST file as source.
You should see the message successfully connected PST. Click Finish.
Source PST Options
Under the source list you find the PST and the contents within the PST. On the right pane you find all the emails present in PST. Selecting individual email / all emails and right click gives you following options.
- Open – Open the email in locally installed email client ex – outlook.
- Copy Message(s) – Copies the message and allows you to paste in another folder.
- Export Message(s) – Exports the messages in various formats.
- Extract Attachments – Options to extract the attachments from email.
You could export the messages to target folder. There are multiple options to save the file with extensions.
We will now look what options are available under destination type. of course the options are pretty much same as available in source. There are 2 new options create new PST file and existing PST file.
Exporting Messages from Source (OST) to Destination (PST)
For a simple test, let’s look at exporting PST from source to destination. On the Menu, click Add Destination and select Create New PST File. Click Next.
Specify the PST location and choose if you need to protect it with a password. Click Next.
Ensure you see that it gets connected to specified PST file. Click Finish.
Now that we have defined source and destination, let’s try exporting the data. On the source PST right click Inbox and click Export Message(s) > PST.
Some more options here before you export. Under Export To specify PST that we created in the above steps. Click Save and let the export operation run.
The export operation completed successfully. You see more details about the export operation on screen.
Refresh the inbox under the destination and you will see all the messages from source PST are copied over to destination PST. Since we have selected the export option, the messages from source won’t be deleted.
Search Functions – I was impressed the way the search options have been put up. Right click Inbox either in source or destination panel to get the search window. There are lot of options that you can use while searching for particular data. Results are very accurate and search settings can be saved.